The importance of sleep for the whole family is being recognized now more than ever.There is a growing body of research that is helping to increase our awareness of the short and long term impacts of sleep deprivation on both adults and children.
Lack of sleep in adults can lead to:
- Weight gain
- Memory loss
- Risk of strokes, heart attacks and other cardiovascular disorders
- Depression and poor mental health
The benefits of adequate sleep in children:
- Restoration and rejuvenation of cells and muscle tissue
- Boosts learning through better storage and retention of information
- Can help to regulate emotions and increase attention span
- Provides immune system support and helps to build resistance to illness
- Can reduce risk of injury by maintaining coordination
- Gives them energy to stay active
The Sugar Plum Sleep Co. is honoured to have works with hundreds of families to help them reach their sleep goals. Sleep coaching services are available for the whole family. Learn more about my services.