Do you want to make positive and lasting changes to your child’s sleep habits, but don’t know where to start? Your Guide to Better Sleep is the complete, step-by-step resource to help tired parents quickly, confidently, and successfully navigate the sleep training process for their child.
This instant download includes:
- detailed information to help you understand your child’s sleep needs
- guidance on creating a safe and sleep-friendly sleep environment
- the most important elements of a sleep routine for your 3 – 7-year-old
- a discussion on how fears and anxieties can impact your child’s sleep and what to do about it
- a step-by-step guide detailing two different age-appropriate sleep training methods to address bedtime, night waking, and early mornings
- a review of the importance of naps and length and timing can impact nighttime sleep
- a how-to transition away from naps if they are impacting your child’s ability to sleep through the night
- supplementary information on how to tackle Daylight Saving Time, travel, and sleep regressions
Want more information? Here’s the detailed breakdown of this guide.
The Sleep Environment
This section guides you in creating optimal room conditions for sleep and includes:
- how to ensure a safe, dark, quiet, cool, and relaxing sleep environment; and
- sleep environment assessment checklist.
Fears and Anxieties
This section guides you in addressing fears and anxieties that might be impacting your child’s ability to settle at bedtime and includes:
- suggested modifications to the bedtime routine and sleep environment to alleviate fears and anxieties; and
- age-appropriate breathing exercises and apps
This section will help you to determine your child’s ideal daytime sleep schedule and includes:
- how to interpret signs of fatigue;
- typical daytime schedules; and
- a better understanding of your child’s individual sleep needs.
This section will help you to determine the ideal bedtime routine for your child and when:
- bedtime should take place;
- the recipe for a great bedtime routine; and
- a discussion on the importance of activities in the hour before bedtime.
Sleep Training Strategies
This section will help you to determine the right sleep training strategy for your family based on your parenting style and your child’s current sleep habits. The section includes:
- detailed, step-by-step instruction for 2 different sleep training methodologies to help your child eliminate props, develop independent sleep skills, reduce the amount of time it takes to fall asleep, and sleep through the night!
The section will help you address night waking. This module includes:
- detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to respond to night wakings.
This section will help you identify when it’s morning and how to handle early morning wakings. This section includes:
- guidelines on how early is too early; and
- detailed instructions to address early morning wakings, including how to effectively use a reward chart and a clock to facilitated continued progress.
This section will help you establish and maintain a napping schedule that is appropriate for your child’s needs. This section includes:
- guidelines on how to time your child’s naps;
- examples of the perfect nap routine;
- when and how to abandon sleep training efforts during nap time;
- strategies to address short and long naps;
- the secrete to achieving more consistency in the duration of your child’s naps;
- a detailed, step-by-step guide to eliminate your child’s nap; and
- tips on juggling nap time with more than one child.